With half-term nearly upon us it’s that time where we all start thinking about ways to keep the children amused, while not making the bank manager sweat! Thanks to an unscrupulous client that has only paid me 50% of my final invoice, and a wonderful, yet costly, pre-school taking all my money, this half term is going to have to be a rather low key one.
The best thing about a mini-break? The chance to google things to do in Bath as a family, plan and make lists of course!
Things to do in Bath as a family.
1. Take a boat tour. All we need to decide is whether to take a canal boat along the Kennet & Avon; a leisurely punt with a picnic; or a family river cruise with a stop or two at the lovely waterside pubs on the way. One of the best things to do in Bath as a family.
2. Visit the Bath farmers market. The Bath Farmers’ Market, running every Saturday morning at Green Park Station, is a foodies heaven full of fruit, vegetables, freshly baked pies, bread, organic meats and plenty of sweet treats, all sourced within a 40 mile radius of the city. A must visit, especially if you’re planning a picnic.
3. Make a weekend of it. There are so many wonderful things to do in Bath as a family that one day would simply not be enough. Why not book one of the fantastic hotels in bath and really make the trip special.
4. Have a bus tour. If seeing Bath by water isn’t your thing, then why not jump onbaord one of the great sight-seeing busses in the city. Don’t forget to grab your headset to for an audio commentry of sights.
5. Visit The Great Bath. See the 1,170,000 litres of steaming spring water reaching 46 °C that the Romans believed was the mystical work of the Gods. The Great Bath lies below street level can be viewed from the Terrace, shadowed by the great Abbey. Other chambers to explore include the remains of the ancient heated rooms and changing rooms as well as tepid and plunge pools. Certainly the most memorable of all the things to do in Bath as a family.
I love a mini-break with The Essex Husband and my little ladies, and with all of these amazing things to do in Bath as a family lined up it’s sure to be a wonderful trip. I can’t wait to tell you all about it!