A simple risotto recipe is perfect for a warming meal on a cold evening.
Served with a glass of wine and some fresh rustic garlic bread, this Mozzarella and Roasted Tomato risotto is a firm favorite at Essex HQ.
Simple Risotto Recipe – Mozzarella and Roasted Tomato
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- Rosemary salt
- 25g Butter
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped finely)
- 1 Litre vegetable stock (boiling hot)
- 300g Arborio rice
- 100g mozzarella (chopped into small chunks)
- Handful of fresh basil (torn)
- Preheat the oven to 200
- Cut the tomatoes in half, sprinkle with rosemary salt and roast in the oven for 10 minutes
- Melt the butter in a pan
- Add splash of olive oil, then the chopped garlic, and cook for 1 minute
- Add the rice to the pan, mix to coat each grain with the butter
- Add one ladle of stock at a time. Stir to allow rice to soak up the liquid before adding the next ladleful of hot stock. Repeat till all stock has been used. (Takes about 15 minutes)
- Stir in the mozzarella allowing it to become melted and stringy.
- Gently fold in the roasted tomatoes
- Serve in pasta bowls topped with fresh torn basil.
I’m a big fan of home cooked meals, but with a busy life I know the need for simplicity when in the kitchen. I hope this simple risotto recipe will hit the spot with you all, and your family enjoy this mozzarella and roasted tomato risotto as much as we do.