Are you thinking of refreshing your home ready for spring? Looking for spring cleaning tips? Want to have a more organised home?
You have come to the right place my friend. Here are our top 5 spring cleaning tips for you all to enjoy.
Spring Cleaning Tips
- Approach this with a plan. Work from top down tackling one room at a time. This way you will feel a sense of accomplishment each time a room is finished, plus you will avoid getting what you just cleaned dirty again.
- Multi-task. While the washing machine is running you can mop the kitchen floor and leave it to dry.
- Declutter. As you clean each room think carefully about what you are putting back on the shelves, do you really need it?
- Make An Inventory. Keeping a record of your possessions can be invaluable in the event of a burglary or home insurance claim. Make sure not to go cheap, I always recommend home insurance from the AA to anyone who will listen! Create a basic home inventory spreadsheet with columns for item description, quantity, model/serial number, year purchased, place purchased, and cost. For valuable items a back up, such as receipts or serial numbers, is a good idea as well as photos of them.
- Plan For The Future – Once the house is cleaned and decluttered you will be able to see the bigger picture. Make a plan or the changes/repairs you would like to make in each room (and plan for when you will do them).
Finally, and most importantly once you have followed all of these wonderful spring cleaning tips, sit back and relax your nice clean home.